Welcome

My name is Nick Doran, and I am the former president of the UCSD Casual Golf Club.

I am going to post rules decisions as I encounter them on the golf course. I am pretty sure that I will be able to come up with at least one rule nugget for each round that I play.

Thursday, September 24, 2026

9/24/2026 - Mount Woodson

We started the round from the blue tees, but there was discussion of switching to the white tees at the turn.  Can you do that?

I couldn't find anything definitive in the rules of golf.  AI told me that this was "discouraged," but I'm not taking that as gospel.

Based on the Rules of Handicapping, I can't find anything that says I can't do it, so I believe that it is acceptable (even if discouraged). 

Rule #2.1 of the Rules of Handicapping says that a score is acceptable if all of these conditions are met:

  • authorized form of play
  • in the company of at least one other person (marker)
  • played by the rules of golf
  • on a course with a course rating
  • during the active season

All of those conditions were met, so I believe that it is acceptable to post two separate 9 hole scores if you changed tees.

And I'm going to run this by our handicap chair....

 

1 comment:

  1. Our handicap chair confirmed that this would be acceptable.

    ReplyDelete